Fertilizers strengthen the immunity of plants, protecting them from pests and diseases. Some advantages of applying fertilizers include:
- stimulating the rapid germination of the seeds
- supporting the development of roots, increasing their resistance to breaking and repeated trampling
- obtaining a uniform turf, without sparse or missing areas
- resistance to drought and rain
Here are a few tips on matching your grass and fertilizer type:
- The main nutrients that your lawn needs to grow are nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Fertilizers contain these elements in different concentrations. An analysis of the grass and the packaging of fertilizers will help you choose the right product. Take into account the consistency of the soil, the needs of your lawn, and the season you fertilize.
- Lawns planted on sandy soil need fertilizers rich in both macro and micro elements. Sandy soils are not very fertile, while clay soils have opposite characteristics.
- Use the right amount of nutrients! For example, for the ornamental lawn- the type that most people prefer- the recommended doses are the following: 0.6 kg nitrogen per 100 sqm for spring fertilization, and 15-0.20 kg nitrogen per 100 sqm for autumn fertilization.
- Regardless of the type of grass you have planted, a frequently mowed lawn needs a constant supply of nutrients instead of rapid fertilization. Find some of the best in lawn products at https://therichlawncompany.com/.